Friday, February 5, 2010

hook video

When I watched the video on  her stance on rap, it caught my attention. I think she looks at it too much in a negative way. They do portray women in sexual way but so do many other programs and companies. I disagree with the stereotype that comes along with rappers from someone who doesnt see anything but the sex, guns, and drugs. I used to think the same thing until I actually listened to rap fully and understood the skill it takes to put stuff together like that. Yes, it does have explicit content but what doesnt anymore?

4 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with what you're saying. Rap is no worse than the media and ads. Yes, there is a lot of explicit content in rap music, but if people don't like it, they don't have to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree also. I don't know that ads are really any worse that the rap songs that are out there. In alot of cases kids might not understand what the rap songs are saying but its alot easier to understand a picture and want to do whats in a picture than it is to understand slang. I think that some of the rap music is a little much but its also alot easier to prevent your kids from listening to rap than it is to prevent them from looking at ads especially when they are on the side of a bus or on a bilboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that some ads are easily compareable to some rap songs. Too vulger. The point they are trying to make is just not right sometimes, or rather the way they go about doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about the music makes it less distasteful? I full appreciate the art it takes and like a few songs myself, but that doesn't mean its less degrading. Most songs are very sexual, to the point where I would quickly change the station if I was in the car with my mom or younger cousin. I do think that rap DOES influence the mistreatment of women, but so does advertisements, movies, games ect. I agree with your last statement fully, everyone has something to say.

    ReplyDelete