Friday, February 12, 2010

dumbest generation

Viewing Dr. Bauerlein's video and position on how our generation is possibly the dumbest. I, much like a majority of my generation, disagree with this statement. The technology we use today is part of our society. Just as the generations before us grew up having things they did for fun we have the same but just higher advances in technology. This doesnt qualify us as dumb. Sure we dont use this technology all of the time for the right reasons but sometimes we do. Whose to say that if given the technology we have, older generations would use it for research and to better their academic knowledge at the age we are now. I think they would do the same thing that we do today which I guess qualifies us as dumb people.

4 comments:

  1. I would think that maybe generations before us look at us and say we are the dumbest generation and I think soon, we will think younger generations are the dumbest. Looking at the younger kids today I could see them growing up and being considered the dumbest generation. I agree, we are not the dumbest generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. My parents didn't grow up with all of the technology we have, but they use it just as much as I do. My grandma plays video games and we just got her a computer and she loves it. Older generations use technology just as much as we do, so are they dumb now too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you about the older generations. Sometimes I feel like they might be worse with the technology. For example, I have an Aunt and Uncle who live in Austin Texas. They are major "techies" and have all the latest gadgets. While its fun to play with all of the electronics it gets to be a little ridiculous when they each have two iphones. My Uncle has four computers in his office (one of which never gets used). They probably spend more time using technology than any person from our generation. Their life is consumed by it and I've seen my Uncle freak out when some of his devices chose to shut down for a while. So is it just our generation? No way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your point that if the generation above us had the technology that we do growing up, they too would be on social networking sites and concerned about each other. Do you think that there would be another Dr. Bauerlien accusing them of being the dumbest generation? We talked in class about how the generation below us is worse than we are, do you think that would be us?

    ReplyDelete